Buying a home is one of the most expensive purchases in a person’s life. The process is long and stressful. Perhaps you spent months searching for the right house before making an offer. Now that you have your dream home under contract, the process of writing checks begin. And, upon seeing your total expenses, you might think of ways to save money and be tempted to skip the home inspection.
Smart home buyers call for professional help. It would be best if you had an unbiased evaluation of your home and the Syracuse NY home inspection is a big part of your home buying process. Tempting as it might be to cut expenses, here are eight good reasons you need the home inspection.
- Reveals Unseen And Unpredicted Problem: It’s easy to fall in love with the home’s looks. Unfortunately, the house that seems to be in excellent shape may have unseen problems.
- Safety Issues: What’s great about the home inspection is that it detects safety issues. The home inspector will look at the home’s major systems, such as the electrical, and determine the working condition. You want the house to be safe for you and your family when you move in.
- Inspects For Unsafe and Shoddy Workmanship: A home inspection can reveal whether work or upgrades to the home were unsafe or substandard.
- Negotiation Leverage: The home inspection report presents an opportunity for the buyer to ask for repairs or negotiate for a price deduction.
- Forecast Potential Costs: The home inspection helps to determine the age and condition of the major systems, such as the plumbing, heating, and cooling as well as other critical equipment. Understanding what items need replacement or how long they will last will help your budgeting decisions, and what types of insurance coverage and warranties you should consider.
- Protect Your Investment: Your home inspector can be an educational resource on maintaining your new home and ultimately saving money in the long run.
- Insurance: Some insurance companies will not insure a home if specific certifications are not documented, such as Wind Mitigation, Four-Point Inspections, outdated wiring, plumbing, roofs, etc
- Peace Of Mind: Nobody wants unpleasant surprises after moving in. Saying that a home inspection gives you Peace Of Mind is an understatement – it gives you a piece of real knowledge about your new home, helps you save money down the road, and ensures that you and your family move into a safe and comfortable home.
The home inspection is a physical examination of the home. The Syracuse NY home inspector will thoroughly examine the house looking for safety, function, and structural issues. You will receive a detailed report with photos and a summary page listing any concerns and items that need revisions now and those that may need in the future.